Tuesday, July 16, 2013

difference between to go in the house and to go into the house

to go in the house  - байшин луу орох......
to go into the house - байшин руу орохоор явах.......

difference between "go in" and "go into"
You would say "I just walked in the door" for "I just entered (the room or building I am presently(яг одоо, одоо) in)."

"I just walked into the door" contains a phrasal verb using "into" to indicate direction but not entry. The speaker walked up to and hit the door with his body (usually, as the result of an accident).

other expressions....
To be into something: "I'm really into that TV show." = I'm very interested in that TV show." The "into" here is a transferred usage from the "into" in "to get into" where "into" indicates direction.

To run into someone. "I ran into Joe today." = "I unexpectedly met Joe today." or, in a different
context, "I collided with Joe today."

difference between in and into
  • If you are already inside a location and you're not indicating movement from exterior(гадаад) to interior(дотоод), you can use "in":

    I am in the library.
    I am in the hospital.
    I am in the car.

    "Into" is generally used to refer to going from an exterior location to an interior location; enter:

    He walked into the building.
    I went into the library.
    The mouse ran into the hole.

  • In general, the word "in" emphasizes the situation of something or someone being inside of something. For example: I am in the library. The cheese is in the refrigerator. There is a mouse in my house. 

    "Into" emphasizes the action of a thing or a person entering or being put inside something. For example: I am walking into the library. He put the cheese into the refrigerator. I saw the mouse creeping into my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment