Wednesday, July 8, 2015

difference between 'made by me' and 'made by myself'

made by me - (Made by me = I made it.)
made by myself - (Made by myself = I made it alone, with no one else' help.)


What is the difference between Made by Me and Made by Myself?

(I'm usually saying "made by me'' not "made by myself")

  •  No difference..both say you made it..so say it however you want.

  • Made by me = I made it. 
    Made by myself = I made it alone, with no one else' help.

  • I is use as the subject of a sentence - I gave her a kiss. 
    Me is used as the object (direct or inirect) of a sentence - she gave me a kiss. 
    Myself is an emphatic version of I and me: 

    I myself prefer . . . 
    Who should I speak to? Myself. 

    For this reason, people often use 'myself' when they don't know whether to use I or me!


By Me or By Myself: what's the difference?


(One more doubt today...

It was made by me
It was made by myself

it would mean that I made it.... 

Could you please help?)

  • The correct equivalent of “I made it” is “it was made by me.” [these days people seem to use “myself” instead of “me” more and more frequently.:(]
    However, you could say “I made it myself

  • I made it by myself is very specific i.e. no one helped me.

  • o, "made by me" is the best translation...
    thank you Franco-filly and MarcB for your precious help!


3 comments:

  1. is it correct if i use made by me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please show me this passage using the comments made by the students.

    ReplyDelete