Tuesday, July 16, 2013

difference between borrow and lend

borrow - (зээлэхto take and use something that belongs to someone else, and return it to them at a later time
borrow something
        Can I borrow your umbrella?
borrow something from someone/something
        She borrowed $2,000 from her parents.
lend - (зээлүүлэхto give something to someone or allow them to use something that belongs to you, which they have to return to you later
lend (out) something (to someone)
lend someone something
        Can you lend me your car tonight?
lend (something) (to someone)
        The bank refused to lend the money to us.




Which Word: borrow  lendThese two words are often confused. You borrow something from someone else, while they lend it to you: Can I borrow your pen? Can I borrow a pen from you? Here, I’ll lend you my pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment